From the comfort of your home, secure (HIPAA compliant) online video counseling is now available!
Tele-therapy has been growing in popularity, but especially now with social distancing, it is a great option when face to face sessions are not feasible. Clients actually report the virtual, online therapy sessions are very helpful and most say the experience exceeds their expectations. I was reluctant to adopt video therapy because I feared it would not be as effective. The research seems to suggest I was wrong! Clients who I have used it with report they are very satisfied. Several even reported they prefer it over in person therapy, because they feel more comfortable disclosing with a little more distance. Here is a recent article that references research efficacy https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/does-online-therapy-work-heres-what-science-says.html .
You are required to create an account to use this service.
Already have an account? Login Here
If you are unable to login/forgot your password, you can click the "Forgot Password" link and reset it yourself.
Don't have an account?
Please fill out the form below with your Name, Email Address and Phone Number and I will reach out to you. I will then create your account and you will receive a follow-up email to complete the account setup.
The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
Steps for checking into your Online Video Session:
- Login to your account using the link above.
- On the left side of your screen, you'll see Today's Reminders. Click the "Check In" button beneath this.
- Click to confirm that you wish to enter the session.
- For the Pre-Session Agreement, type in your location.
- You can use the chat box in the lower right corner to communicate with me.
- When you are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
- Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera. Click "Allow" if this appears.
Are You Ready For Online Counseling?
- Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 4 years old or newer? Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
- Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable? Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is ideal though wireless networks can work fine too. Sitting close to the router helps.
- Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser? We recommend using Chrome or Firefox. However, those of you using an iPhone or iPad can use Safari, as long as the most recent iOS update has been installed. Browsers such as Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are unsupported and may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
- Do you have access to a working webcam? Most modern laptops and nearly all smartphones have built in webcams which will work great for online therapy! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
- Are you comfortable navigating computer software? The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for online therapy.
For technical assistance setting up your online video account or tech challenges related to using the video portal call 1-866-597-2674